Black is the new Green
“Wastes are only raw materials we are too stupid to use” – Arthur C. Clarke
Black is Green Pty Ltd is an Australian company which specialises in mobile, modular or re-locatable thermal treatment systems which can add value to biomass residues.
The BiGchar continuous carbonisation technology enables:
- Upgrading of a wide variety of biomass materials to charcoal and other products in an efficient, safe and profitable manner
- Generation of useful energy
- Avoidance of the need to landfill or incinerate
- Further value adding options such as activated carbon, or substitutes for fossil fuels (fuel charcoal or torrefied wood to replace coal and charcoal slurries to supplement heavy fuel oil)
Black is Green was developed by James Joyce and his father Stan Joyce from the ground up. This company can be contacted via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal: 74 Carlyle St, Mackay, QLD, 4740, Australia.
For more information, see their website: http://www.bigchar.com.au/1
1 The source for the information (and picture) is http://www.bigchar.com.au/about.html .